Tuesday 31 January 2012

Stone Me!

Yesterday i went out with Joe and his girlfriend Jade, on arriving at the local train station i bumped into some friends and we sat together on the train.
During the discussion one of them told me that a mutual friend, who i have as a friend on Facebook had because of the symptom information that i had put up on there, gone to have tests herself to ensure that she was ok, i don't know the detail but i was chuffed to hear that i had in some part helped her get checked out.
Then stone me! this evening a good friend popped round who is going through a bit of a tough time and during the conversation said that after we had discussed symptoms that she was having a few weeks ago she had finally gone to get checked out and had been sent for a colonoscopy, she is only a month older than me. They found a polyp the size of a golfball and removed it. The doc said it looked benign and that if she had left it any longer then she could have been in trouble.
Hearing about these things does give me a little pang of regret that i hadn't done the same thing, but it is far overweighed by the fact that the knowledge i have amassed because i didn't get checked out has already helped others. Feels really good infact :o)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel,that pang of regret,that says it all.
    So good that your knowledge has helped someone.
    Keep on blogging!
    Warmest regards
    Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mimi wrote a blog today and the damn thing didn't save, very annoying will start again tomorrow, this blogging thing is quite cathartic. Hope all is good with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I have much in common. I have 2 sons, ages 25 and 26. I was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer when I was 43. I am now 45 and just found out a little over a month ago that my cancer spread to my liver, where 4 tumors were found. This now puts me in the final stage 4. However, a month ago, I had the tumors removed (a dreadful 18 days spent in the hospital.)
    I too, started my blog as a legacy for my sons and future grandchildren. I refuse to give up the fight. I can not accept death, I am fighting, kicking and screaming all the way. Come visit my sight.... www.naesnest.me.com OR/and www.naesnest.com
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi thanks for leaving a comment and sorry to hear that we are in a similar position but great to hear that you have had that liver op however awful it was, i have been told that they can't operate on me so i continue with chemo. I will go over and have a look at your site.I don't pray but positive vibes are heading your way!

    ReplyDelete