Thursday 8 November 2012

50!!

Me and Caroline from school
So at 5am on the 25th October this year 2012 i made it to fifty!!!! i am quite happy to reach this milestone even more so since being diagnosed. Every time i see an older person i think how lucky are you!! to still be here and to see your children grown and your grandchildren and to know that if you die today that although they will be sad they are positioned to be able to cope as they are adults and this is how life is our parents go before us but not until they have spent a good amount of time with us.
All my friends from Beating Bowel Cancer
I don't know either
Anyway as usual i left things to the last minute. I arrived back from Florida on the 23rd Florida will appear in another post and spent the 23rd surviving jet lag. On the 24th i did more surviving and then on the 25th my actual birthday started to bake for the party as i had left that too late to out source but i like baking so it was ok. First were 100 vodka jellies using a litre and a half of vodka then about 100 profiteroles from scratch then bed the following day i made lemon cupcakes and got a few more bits and pieces luckily i had the presence of mind to ask a friend to do some food and she made a load of chicken pieces and potato salad and coleslaw for me.
There was enough in the end and i rolled up at 7pm with it only to find people in the bar above the venue waiting patiently for me......late again late to my own party!
Dafyyd and I
I managed to get everything out and hook my i pod up to the PA and we were away!
All the people i would want to be there came, old work colleagues, a contingent from the road where i live, friends i had made through the boys and a school friend came all the way from Gt Yarmouth which i was really chuffed about.
Not drunk just busting some moves!
I danced most of the night and tried to spend time with everyone who came. Lorna made me a huge and gorgeous cake but i didn't get to cut it in time to give everyone a piece! Joe announced the singing of Happy Birthday and ended up dancing with me in front of everyone which was quite fun and everyone said what a lovely boy he is.....which is true! I got sooo many presents which was lovely but not what the evening was about i just wanted to celebrate making 50 with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment