Wednesday 22 August 2012

No mans Land end of Chemo...... for now!

Finished the last of the capecitabine tablets yesterday which means this cycle of Chemo is over ........ yay no more feeling tired and hands and feet hopefully will return to normal soon they have been sorely tested with this last lost of capecitabine i think because the dose was increased when i stopped the oxalyplatin. I wonder if i had continued with the oxy whether these mets might have been blasted more thoroughly should i have been stronger and continued longer? I know that it probably wasn't as bad as what others go through a little sickness but not loads it was just that the symptoms were making my feet worse and i was worried that i would have permanent neuropathy in my hands.....but is that the price i have to pay? They have said i can go back to it again if need be. Maybe further down the line longevity will seem more precious than it does now. I find it hard at the moment to feel like i am fighting for my life as i feel so well, but in essence that is what i am doing every day!! and will i feel i let the boys down in the future for not being strong enough now. It's such a hard road at times......for now i need to get back to making the most of my time rather than letting the days slip away as they have done lately. I need to get my feet sorted they are sore leathery numb and i have achilles tendonitis to boot! Walking especially after a period of rest is a lumbering affair in the morning i have to take the stairs one at a time like an old woman!!
Well scan next week doc the day after and then what happens next!!?? for the short term i am entering no mans land that bit of no chemo in between the march of the mets! where nothing is being done and we play the waiting game!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, just catching up on blogs and have read your last 2, sounds very tough for you. I know exactly what you mean about losing 1 of our community, it happened to me when 1 of the group I did a media training course with died and caused me to ask lots of questions but I'm still here. Good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann yes that's the double edged sword of meeting people who have shared experience of cancer, losing some....but then my life is all the richer for having known them!

    ReplyDelete