Sunday 28 April 2013

Hannah

We lost Hannah last night.......a beautiful,vivacious, intelligent, elegant young woman. Someone who had her struggles in life without the addition of a bowel cancer diagnosis.
I can't actually pin point the day that I first met her, it feels like I have always known her....she was kind and caring even in the midst of her own turmoil she would think of others. I found out tonight that whilst I was in hospital as she became sicker she asked after me, I shed some tears after that news, they have been pouring on and off all day, poor Zak my youngest keeps double taking me and  wondering  whats up? I only wish that I had had the time to talk to her again but by the time I left hospital she had become very poorly. Oh I did explain to Zak, he said it was very sad especially as he met her last year when we went to cheer Dafydd on when he carried the Olympic torch, he said she was really nice.
I will treasure a handwritten card (she had beautiful handwriting) that she sent me to say thankyou for a card and gift I had sent her, so thoughtful, so lovely.
I will remember your laughter, your fantastic smile your friendship....I am thankful that you found love before leaving, mark was there to the end, not quite two years but he was there when she needed him in her corner and isn't it better to have the experience of true love than never to have had it at all? I hope that gives him solace in the hard times ahead.
Hannah was only 30, all her life ahead of her and snatched away by a disease that if caught early can be cured........this isn't just about old people, the bowel cancer community are fuming this needs to be resolved so that no more parents have to lose their child and everyone gets to live the life that they were destined for.

No comments:

Post a Comment